TIM building renovation - Rome
Techproject took care of the global renovation project of the TIM S.p.A building complex, located in Via della Stazione Tuscolana in Rome, in the VII Town Hall. The building is, bound by the Quality Charter of the Municipality of Rome as a building with special building typology – a serial installation, for the architectural quality of its facades and for the evolutionary history, having been extended and restructured by the Arch. Rebecchini.
A reorganization of the distribution layouts to the various floors has been planned, in order to make the functional structure to host the new offices of TIM S.p.A., with a number of employees equal to about 300 people.
The functional concept that guided the project was set as goals:
• the rationalization of the routes within the various plans through the creation of new vertical connections and the creation of service blocks;
• construction of new volumes (using the House Plan) in order to obtain greater useful surface;
• The grouping of headquarters services on the ground floor;
• the functional distribution of work areas.
The work areas are designed in such a way as to guarantee great flexibility. in fact, the type of systems makes it possible to redistribute the stations so as to always reach the maximum number of stations required.
The project involved the review of vertical connections with the dual objective of:
• rationalize settler staff flows due to the new distribution of functions to the various plans;
• regulatory adjustment of the scale bodies not compliant with the seismic point of view;
• regulatory adaptation of the scale bodies not in compliance with the fire prevention point of view.
From a plant engineering point of view, the project involved the global renovation of all the plants, carrying out a logic of maximum flexibility and energy savings.
Prior to the design, a seismic vulnerability assessment of the building was carried out in accordance with O.P.C.M. No. 3274/2003 as amended by the O.P.C.M. 3431/2005 (Annex 2 – chap. C.8.A.1 and Tab. 11.5.1, relating to the achievement of the LC Knowledge Level of the structure) and Circular No. 617 of 02/02/2009 – Instructions for the application of the New Technical Standards for Construction as per Ministerial Decree 14/01/2008 and later mod. for reinforced concrete structures. The level of knowledge achieved was LC1 type. The outcome of the tests has shown how the supporting structure needed seismic improvement interventions on the structures.
▪ USEFUL SURFACE AREA 4,120 m2
▪ VOLUME 24,723 m3
▪ PRELIMINARY DESIGN
▪ CHECK SEISMIC VULNERABILITY
▪ EXECUTIVE PLANNING
▪ COORDINATION SAFETY STAGE DESIGN